I close my eyes
Only to feel them swell up with tears
Imagining dreams lost
Hopeless hopes
And endless fears
Never knowing if tomorrow brings happiness
Never knowing if you're in it
I suppress these feelings
But then they come back and overtake me
I float in a state of listlessness
Longing to see you
Thinking that will save me
Turning myself inside out
Waking each day with doubts
Does he love and need me too
The way I love and need him
Or is he with another
Keeping her tight next to him
My mind hurts
And my brain is numb
I'm looking for something
To help me overcome
The pain I feel when you're far away
I need to be in your arms
I need to lay where you lay
My legs are heavy and my eyes are dark
There is no feeling
No help
No spark
I just lay here thinking
If you need me the way that I need you
I'm in a haze
What the fuck am I going to do?
I can't be in this existence
Not alone...not without you....
Depression....
©Alicia Shepard 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment