Your eyes tell a story that only I can understand
Your heartbeat plays a rhythm that only I know how to dance to
You are my greatest inspiration
You are my hope for tomorrow and things to come
I can tell your story over and over and not one would ever sound the same
When I hold your hands I'm holding onto a lifetime of hopes, fears and regrets
You are my muse
And I can use you endlessly
You are my muse
Your story is too unique to keep secret
Your touch worries me
I want to get the story right
But you ignite feelings that I don't know how to control
I just know that a story exists
And only a muse can help bring that story together
You are my muse
So complicated and chaotic
You are my muse
So mesmerizing, so hypnotic
You amuse me with your charm
Your kiss is sweet delight
You amuse me with your words
They penetrate my mind and send me on an intellectual journey
You are my muse
Each stroke of your hand
Each thrust of our love dance
Keeps me engaged and in tune
To all that's you....
You are my muse...
©Alicia Shepard 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment